Our practice charter lists what you can expect when you are registered with us as a patient:
As a patient you have a right to:
- Be registered with a GP.
- Change your doctor quickly and easily.
- Be offered a health check on joining our practice for the first time.
- Receive emergency care at any time through a GP if appropriate.
- Receive health care on basis of clinical need, regardless of ability to pay.
- Be given a clear explanation of any treatment proposed, including any visits. and any alternatives, before you decide whether you will agree to treatment.
- Have appropriate drugs and medicine prescribed.
- Be referred to a consultant acceptable to you when your GP thinks it necessary, and be referred for a second opinion if you and the GP agree this is desirable.
- Have access to your health records, subject to any limitations in the law, and know that those working for the NHS are under legal duty to keep the contents confidential.
- Choose whether or not to take part in medical research or medical student training.
- Be given detailed information about local family doctors services through NHS Wandsworth’s local directory.
- Receive a copy of the practice leaflet, setting out the services the practice provides.
- Receive a prompt reply to any complaints you make about our NHS services.
- Receive your repeat prescription within two working days of the practice receiving your request.
- Be informed, by various methods, of the practice’s services and how best to use them.
- Receive health care in clean, comfortable and appropriate surroundings.